Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Projects

Well I have finally found the scarf pattern I want to use for the beautiful Malabrigo Oceanos laceweight I received from Chimom on Ravelry. I have started on the Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery. I have completed one complete cycle of the pattern and it almost looks like it should. I am cutting myself some slack since this is my first lace. I am learning alot and that's all that matters. I am actually a knitter that almost likes mistakes in my work because they are mine. As I gain experience I am sure this will change.

I ran by the library a few days ago as I wanted to find a new knitting book to drool over. I picked up KnitKnit by Sabrina Gschwandtner. I fell in love with the Missing Piece Hobo Bag designed by Norah Gaughan. I then remembered that I had just seen that name on the shelf and found a copy of Knitting Nature.

As I read through Nora's book it made perfect sense that I was drawn to her. The book was borne from an idea to merge nature/science and knitting. She has patterns based on fractals, octagons, heaxagons and phyllotaxis. All found in nature. The patterns are just hot along with the back story. I have read it from cover to cover and now must have a copy of my own because there are about 10 patterns in the book I want to try.

No comments: